Re: [Evolution] Assigning keyboard shortcuts

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 22:07, Andrew Conkling wrote:
Phil's recent message about keyboard shortcuts reminds me of a question
I've had: Is it possible to assign keyboard shortcuts anywhere?  I
didn't see anything in the help file.  I'd be up for editing a few files
by hand if possible.

the only way to change/assign key accelerators currently is to go and
edit the bonobo-ui xml files which are located in
$prefix/share/evolution/1.4/ui/

not exactly ideal, but it will have to suffice until someone writes a
bonobo-ui xml editor (which should really be part of GNOME and not
Evolution, for obvious reasons).

(Parenthetically, I think it'd be really swell if Evo had a way of
assigning shortcuts like the Rox filer: just put the mouse cursor over
the preferred action and press the shortcut you want.  Slick. 8-)

this is a gtk thing - unfortunately it doesn't work for bonobo menu
items for some reason or another.

Jeff