Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 14:04, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 13:29 -0400, Christopher Ness wrote:

Why should the calendar program need to know how a contact record is
stored in the Contact DB?  It shouldn't, it calls the interface with the
contacts ID and it is returned the record in the agreed upon way based
on the programming interface Specs.  Some people call this "contract
programing" I believe.

that is exactly what Evolution does. There is an API for accessing
calendar, contacts, etc, and any app that wants to access them uses
that. There's no need to have to know DB formats and stuff like that.

That was just a made up example for my sermon.

Are you guys developing generic GUI interfaces for it that can be called
like "Open File" and "Save File" in Gnome - only for contacts,
calendars, tasks - {new,edit,delete}.  That would be sweet.

Where can I read more about eds?

Cheers,
Chris
--