Re: [Evolution] Newly installed 1.4.6 crashes during startup

The problem turned out to be the new version of gtk. I did the upgrade using the red-carpet and the red-carpet upgraded gtk from 2.0.0 to 2.2.0 (I have to admit that I was not paying attention). This made X a bit unstable. Most apps would run but some were crashing (OpenOffice). To fix the problem I had to upgrade libgnomeui from 2.0.3-3 to 2.2.0.1-0.ximian.5.8. Now everything works fine.

So evolution is probably not at fault. The only thing that worries me is the red-carpet update: how did I ended up upgrading the gtk version without asking for it? Since I can't remember what was the upgrade list presented during installation however, I can't blame anybody but myself...

Let me know if you are still interested in any aspects of this problem. I will be glad to help.

Piotr Romanus