Re: [Evolution] Setting Default Applications

Am Fr, den 09.04.2004 schrieb John Davis um 23:24:
Has anyone figured out how to set the default applications that
Evolution uses to open attachments such as an .doc or .xls file? I am
running the KDE desktop under Mandrake 10. I can't seem to make
Evolution use Star Office instead of Open Office. This was a no
brainier on previous versions of KDE and Mandrake.

hi,

check if you have the right gnome mime-settings for doc and xls.
easiest way would be to run gnome-control-center (evolution is a
gnome-based application so it won't be interested in your kde settings)
and change "file types and programs" under "advanced".

go to "add file type", mime type should be e.g. "application/msword",
extension e.g. "doc" and then add your program to run.

(sorry, i don't know where this is saved so you could edit this without
gnome-control-center...)

hope this helps you,
cheers,

andre