[Evolution] Need help for Evolution LDAP search

[Send for Steven Zhang. His mail box encounts some problem.]

Folks,

I met some problem in using Evolution 1.4.5 under redhat.
When I start evolution, and try to search contact in LDAP, I found  EVO
provides the following LDAP search features:
1, search by name
2, search by email
3, search by category
4, any field contains

1 and 2 works very well. But I have no idea about 3, how "search by
category" works? I select some category, and click search, but it seems
return nothing.
And to 4, "any field contains", if I input a name or email, it works,
but if I input a phonenumber or postal address, it return nothing, does
any field means only match name or email?

About advanced search, I found I can create some filter expression, but
the selectable field I can select is only name/email/category and
expression. How expression work, I try to read the help document, but
found nothing about this. Anyway, I tried to input a expression like
cn=*steven*, but it seems does not work.

Anybody can help me here?

Steven Zhang