Re: [Evolution] Pop3 error: ERR Do you actually know how to use this thing?

it just means your POP server doesn't implement CAPA, nothing to worry
about.

Jeff

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 10:03, Bram Mertens wrote:
Hi

In an attempt to figure out why some threads are auto collapsing I
started evolution with the following script:
#!/bin/bash

LOGFILE="/data/logs/evolution.log"
CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution >> $LOGFILE 2>&1

Since shutting down evolution with --force-shutdown and restarting
evolution this way threads haven't collapsed yet, could it be that some
process was acting crazy?  I'll keep you posted if it does happen again.

But now whenever I retrieve my mail I see the following in the output:
POP3_STREAM_WRITE(15):
PASS xxxxxxxx
POP3_STREAM_LINE(26): '+OK Tell me your password.'
Got + response
POP3_STREAM_LINE(41): '+OK Welcome aboard! You have 12 messages.'
Got + response
POP3_STREAM_WRITE(6):
CAPA

POP3_STREAM_LINE(48): '-ERR Do you actually know how to use this thing?'
POP3_STREAM_WRITE(6):
LIST

POP3_STREAM_WRITE(6):
UIDL

POP3_STREAM_LINE(22): '+OK Scan list follows:'
Got + response

Is this something I should worry about?  Or is my ISP's pop3-server
broken in some way?

TIA