Re: [Evolution] sidebar and summary view errors

1. Everything I do to the sidebar (Verknüpfungsleite in german) is lost
sooner or later. No matter what I do, drop some mailfolders there,
remove some of them, rename them or add some new groups, after restart
they are lost. Only the standard menu reappears.

This is a known bug, if the customizations are lost sometimes. If they
are lost after every restart, you probably do have wrong permissions set
for ~/evolution/shortcuts.xml.

FWIW: The shortcut bar is deprecated since Evo 1.5 [1] and only security
fixes will go into Evo 1.4.x at this point. Thus don't expect this to be
fixed. Instead, look forward to shiny Evolution 2.0. :)

2. In the summary view. I have some links to some of my mail-folders.
The counts in there are never updated I start evo and it says 5 new
messages and after I read them it still says 5 new messages. That s only
in the summary view it works for the folders them self. This might also
be an imap problem because I works for one of my accounts but not for
the other one.

This ain't a good day for you, buddy... ;-)

The Summary page won't be part of Evolution 2.0 neither. The UI has
changed somehow and those two doesn't fit in well.

To prevent discussions again: There are numerous reasons to drop the
Summary page. This doesn't mean an equivalent of the Summary page cannot
be re-implemented in future versions. It may be, but it has to be way
better. ;)

...guenther

[1] *Development* version, which will be releases as next major stable
release Evolution 2.0.