From: Philip Glaser [mailto:glaserp sustainsoft com]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 10:58 AM
To: evolution lists ximian com
Subject: [Evolution] libgal2.0-modules-1 dependency with evolution 1.4
and Redhat 9

Hi,

I'm trying to install the latest evolution in redhat 9 using the Ximian
installer that you get from executing wget -q -O - http://go.ximian.com
|sh as suggested at
http://www.ximian.com/products/evolution/download.html. I am able to get
through most steps of the installer, but when it tries to do the final
step, I get an error message from the installer to the effect that
"There are no installable providers of
=libgal2.0_5-1:1.99.9-0.ximian.6.1 for
libgal2.0-modules-1:1.99.9-0.ximian.6.1." I am running the installer
under KDE. The full-text of the error message is listed at the end of
this message.

I've tried to find the needed version of the libgal2.0-modules at
rpmfind to see if I can install it independently, but have not been able
to find it. Taking a different tactic, I got the evolution RPMs from
ftp.ximian.com/pub and installed it successfully (I'm using it to
compose and send this message!), but the version there is 1.2. Yes, I
tried running the installer on top of 1.2 to see if it would upgrade me
but I still got the same error message. I need to have the absolute
latest version to get the Palm synchronization working.

So: 1) is there somewhere I can just get all the RPMs for the LATEST
evolution via FTP so I can try installing it the old fashioned way;
and/or 2) does anyone have a suggestion about how to resolve the issue
with the installer?

Many thanks!

The full-text of the installer's error message is as follows:

The installer was unable to resolve dependencies for this install.  The
following error message may provide information that will allow you to
correct the error.  Alternatively, you may choose a different product or
set of components to install.

Installing libgal2.0-modules-1:1.99.9-0.ximian.6.1[Ximian Evolution]
There are no installable providers of =libgal2.0_5-1:1.99.9-0.ximian.6.1
for libgal2.0-modules-1:1.99.9-0.ximian.6.1[Ximian Evolution]
libgal2.0-modules-1:1.99.9-0.ximian.6.1 is scheduled to be installed,
but this is not possible because of dependency problems.
Marking this resolution attempt as invalid.