[Evolution] Composer lameness?

This isn't important, it's just annoying.

Is there a way to change (or turn off) the implicit
line length which causes Evo to wrap lines in the Composer
(usually where I don't want to wrap them).

And/Or: is there a way to re-wrap (re-flow) a block of
text after changing it?

And/Or: is there a way to use an external editor? This
is a rhetorical question since I know the answer: NO
(other than cutting and pasting).

I'm not talking about the "rich text" functions. I never
use them and stick only to plain text, but I like to have
some control over how my message will look without agonies
of manual reformatting.

poc