Re: [Evolution] Compile error, 1.4.4

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 09:15:38AM -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
Making all in importer
gcc: GNOME_Evolution_Importer-common.c: No such file or directory

Try cd'ing into the importer directory and typing "make
GNOME_Evolution_Importer-common.c", and then cd .. and make again. Some
version of automake changed the semantics of "BUILT_SOURCES" so that
they don't get automatically built before everything else, and it's
possible that the makefile still depends on that happening.

shell$ make GNOME_Evolution_Importer-common.c
: -I . -I /opt/gnome-2.2/share/idl/bonobo-2.0 -I /opt/gnome-2.2/share/idl/bonobo-activation-2.0
./GNOME_Evolution_Importer.idl

and this doesn't actually do or produce anything. I think thats part of the problem... the output shows the
whole ': -I ..." start, and I do believe that is not doing anything of consequence... how are things compiled
from .idl files? I noticed at the middle of the origional error output it has something very similar, and a
"-c GNOME_Evolution_Importer-common.c"... is that gcc speak for compile and assemble but not link, or is that
saposed to be the input to a different program?

Anyway, thanks for the advice!
Tony.