[Evolution] Application icons

Feature request:

I normally have evolution sitting on a mail folder, typically INBOX.
Evolution switches the icon that the window manager sees depending on
which folder/section is active; if summary, then the summary icon is the
application icon. If looking at contacts, then the rolodex icon is up.
When looking at INBOX or another mail folder, it is, of course, the
envelope icon.

The trouble with this is that all open *individual* messages and
composer windows ALSO have the same envelope icon, which makes it very
difficult to determine at a glance which open window is the main shell.

I often have to get back to the main shell (perhaps while on a call) and
ability to differentiate all the windows with envelope icons is
difficult. It would be wonderful if a different icon was there for when
the application shell is focused on mail folders ... say, the inbox
icon, or better yet, the neato evolution circle logo.

Is there a way I can change this behaviour now (hack something in my own
copy of the code) or is this VERY complicated?

[Someone at Ximian, could you ask -hackers? I didn't want to cross
post.. thanks]

AfC

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie