[Evolution] Line wrap problem in composer - Evolution 1.4.4

In the composer Text mode - Normal format as I type my message the line is wrapped at around 38th character.
This is quite annoying as the message looks ugly and difficult to manage after a while. However, the receiver
gets the message properly wrapped at 72 characters.

This situation appeared after I upgraded from 1.2.2 to 1.4.4 via red carpet. I found a roundabout way of
handling this: I use preformat format and when I am done I press Ctrl-L to induce line wrap. But this is not
desirable as it adds to the whole process of composing.

I looked hard but could not find any solution or even anyone mentioning this.

Help will be much appreciated !

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.