[Evolution] unable to sync evo 1.4.4 with zire

Hi all

I'm a recent mandrake 9.1 and Evolution user, and fairly new to this
list, so I apologize in advance in this is a known issue.
I used to synchronize my zire palm with Evo 1.4.0 and it went great, but
since I upgraded a week ago to Evo 1.4.4, I haven't been able to sync
it. It starts copying from it, then gpilotd crashes (segmentation
fault). I got only the first 10 adresses now on the contact list.
I thought of deleting the settings and the old folder, so as to make a
new installation, but the result was the same (and the old conduits were
still the same).
Should I select the "synchronize" conduit instead of the "copy from
pilot"? Or something else? Is this an already know bug?
Thanks for clues, comments, ideas...

Miguel Decleire