Re: [Evolution] "P.O. Box" crash with contact editor

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 12:37, J. Toll wrote:
In the searching I've done, I haven't found any reference to this.  So
I'm sorry if this is an already known bug.

When I'm adding an address in the contact editor and the address begins
with a "P.O. Box" the entire evolution application crashes immediately.
I'm able to reproduce this crash about 75% of the time, maybe more.
Sometimes it seems that if I pause between the last period and the word
box it helps reproduce the crash.  I'm not sure if this has anything to
do with the spell checker.  I turned it off one-time and was able to get
the address into the contact.  But it's hard to establish a correlation
since I can only reproduce the crash 75% of the time.  Additionally, it
just doesn't make any sense why the spell checker would affect the
contact editor.

Anyway, here's a copy of the error message:

Application "evolution-1.4" (process 2682) has crashed
due to a fatal error.
(Segmentation fault)

Should I submit this as a bug or is this already known.  Thanks.

J.

Suspect that this is a problem specific to your setup.  I have some
contacts that start the address with "P.O. Box" and others that start
with "Box" and "PO Box" and these have not caused me any problems.

As a test I built a new contact with an address that begins with P.O.
Box.  No problems with contact at all.

Might be an Evolution bug, but would appear to be setup dependent.  I am
using Evolution 1.4.4 on SuSE 8.2.  Spell Checker is checking English
(American, British, Canadian)

--
Ralph Sanford       -       If your government does not trust you,
rsanford telusplanet net   -   should you trust your government?

DH/DSS Key   -   0x7A1BEA01