Re: [Evolution] moving old mail; accounts; and filters to a new user

I Just looked back and saw this post about a similar situation.
What if I do the following.

cp -rf /home/oldusername/evolution/ /home/newusername/
chown -R newusername /home/newusername/evolution
chgrp -R newusername /home/newusername/evolution

If this will work... how does it work. I mean.. I get the concept but
what are all the switches..
"-R" and "-rf".

I got this from a post by ewtrowbr yahoo com

Will this work?