Re: [Evolution] Filters on Folders

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 18:17, Not Zed wrote:
On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 15:34 -0700, Joseph Phillips wrote:
I just tried setting the "Apply filters to new messages in INBOX on this
server" in the Receiving Options of my Mail Account.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Did you restart evo?  That and a few other options don't enable till you
restart (bad i know, but easier ot restart than to fix atm).

Thanks for the feedback.

I just tried restarting evolution, and it still doesn't work.

On another point, I noticed that the "Ctl + Y" action (Apply Filters)
only applies the filter to the particular mail that I have selected.
But, I would expect that "Ctl + Y" would apply the filter to the entire
folder that I am currently viewing.  The reason for this expectation is
that it's very frustrating to have to individually click on each
individual mail item and repeatedly press "Ctrl + Y" on all of them.  It
sort of defeats the purpose of having an automatic filter if I have to
perform repeated manual steps.

In addition, the "Ctl +E" action (Expunge) applies to the entire folder
that I am currently viewing, not just the individual mail that I have
selected.  So the behavior of these two actions--"Ctl +Y" and "Ctl +E"--
are inconsistent with each other.

I received some new mail from a mailing list that I have a filter rule
to move to one of my local folders, but the mail remains in my inbox
without getting moved.

If I manually select "Appy Filters", then it gets moved properly.  It's
just not working automatically like I would expect.

Any more ideas?  Thanks.

Unfortunately the way we detect messages doesn't work on some servers
that dont implement imap to spec, and/or if you have multiple clients
accessing a given account simultaneously.  So you may be stuck if
restarting doesn't work.`

The server that I am connecting to is Microsoft Exchange running on an
NT4 server.  I do not have multiple clients accessing this account.