Re: [Evolution] Exchange server mail group breakdown!

Switched outgoing mail to SMTP.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Of course, I will try it out on much smaller
staff groups for a while :)

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 10:21, Dan Winship wrote:
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 11:12, Chris Boyce wrote:
I'm using Evo 1.4.4 with Exchange Connector (same version).  Is there
any reason why sending mail to an email group (such as
all-staff company com) would cause some kind of monumental breakdown in
communication between Evo and Exchange, resulting in the same mail
sending over and over??  I checked my local folder Outbox, and nothing
appeared to be there, yet every 1-2 seconds, another copy would go out.

I love Evolution, but now get to enjoy having 300 co-workers point at me
and laugh >:0

Is there a logical explanation?

"Microsoft sucks"? :-/

Someone else reported this once, but I assumed it was just something
weird at his site (it doesn't happen here). It's definitely not anything
that Evo is doing, because Evo doesn't even know that the address is the
address of a group rather than a person. So Exchange must get confused
in the case where you submit a message to a list via WebDAV or
something? Blah.

If SMTP is enabled on your Exchange server, then using that instead of
Exchange for sending mail will probably fix the problem.

-- Dan
--
Chris