[Evolution] AddressBook Crash with new user

Please help a clueless noob...

RH 9.0, Evolution 1.22

I love the contact database, and I've put all of my business contacts
into it. Until recently, I ran as root for the main user. After talking
to my friend, he explained to me why running as root was such a bad
thing. So now I run as a user "ewtrowbr".

To migrate my mailbox over to the user "ewtrowbr", I copied the
evolution directory over to the new homedir, changed permissions, etc.

cp -rf /root/evolution/ /home/ewtrowbr
chown -R ewtrowbr /home/ewtrowbr/evolution
chgrp -R ewtrowbr /home/ewtrowbr/evolution

Everything works well except...

I am only granted access once into the contact database before the
database crashes. I can bring up one record, or add one record. Once I
try to take another action, a window pops up with the message "The
addressbook backend for
file:///home/ewtrowbr/evolution/local/Contacts/addressbook.db has
crashed. You will have to start Evolution in order to use it again."

True to form, I restart evolution, and every think is fine. New contacts
added are preserved.

What can I do to stop this problem?

Thanks in advance,
erich