Re: [Evolution] Problem after upgrading to Ximian Evolution 1.4

did you install ximian desktop, or just evolution?

anyway, perhaps the default desktop has changed, although you are stil;
accessing kde desktop.

check the file /etc/sysconfig/desktop

however, anything related to kde (i dont understand how it could go from
9.0 format to 8.0 ...) is well well WELL off topic on this list.