Re: [Evolution] Browser question

Thanks, as always, Guenther. Your answers are pretty much always on the mark, and I do appreciate your patience in the face of repeat questions. Your little script to open the new tab was the part I kept missing.

All is working now as I wanted.
**************************************
Harry A. Sutton
Hewlett-Packard Company
Multivendor Systems Engineering
https://ecardfile.com/id/HarryS
**************************************
--- Begin Message ---

Once per day, yay. Oh, and Jeff: Yes. :-)

When I receive an email that contains a link, I want to be able to
have it open a new tab in my already open Mozilla browser. This
browser lives in a separate workspace from Evo on my desktop.

The default behavior seems to be to start up another instance of
Mozilla in the same workspace as Evo. Can I change this, and if so,
how?

Here is how to set this. Especially note the attached script to open
links in *tabs*, if Mozilla is already running.

So here we go again with the most-wanted answer... ;-)

Setting default browser (Evolution 1.4 / Gnome 2.x)

Open the "Gnome Control Center" > Preferred Applications > Web Browser
or simply run:
$ gnome-default-applications-properties

 check 'Custom Web Browser'
 Command: gnome-moz-remote --newwin "%s"

This will present you every link (clicked in a Gnome 2 app) in a new
mozilla window. If you prefer tabs (instead of new windows) like me,
change it similar like that:

 Command: mozilla-remote.sh "%s"

Have the attached script in your path (or change the command to have the
whole path) and make the script executable.

If you want to use another browser rather than Mozilla, you have to
adjust the command (or the script for most of them, to enable tabs).

...guenther

--- End Message ---