Re: [Evolution] Not able to include a signature

Le jeu 30/10/2003 à 17:42, guenther a écrit :
After i did an upgrade to evolution 1.2.4, i'm not able to use anymore a
signature generator.

Before, i had a cron making it as ~/.signature and it was auto-included
automatically.

I didn't found this option in the new evolution, so i tried to do it as
a script. It appears in my signature drop-down menu, but when i select
it, nothing appears.

Can someone help for including my signature ?

The "Script Signature" option will execute the specified file and use
it's output as signature. This will fail, as your ~/.signature file
likely neither is a script nor is it executable.

I found my error (sometimes explaining it helps finding the light from
the dark) ...

You need to specify the shebang (#!/bin/cash) in the script, and it
works like this !!

I could have found this before ...

Create a signature using Evolutions Settings. Leave it empty or use a
string for identification. This will create a file in your
~/evolution/signatures/ directory.

You can remove that file and make a symlink to ~/.signature instead.
Evolution will happily use it then.

That way, you can leave your cron job untouched and the signature will
still change on a daily basis. HTH

Thanks for the tip but the cron was already a hack to evolution 1.0 not
able to run a script. Now that it is gone with 1.2+, i can use only the
script ...

...guenther

Stef

15:40:53 up 17 days, 2:15, 2 users, load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.09 Linux
2.4.21-0.25mdk #1 Thu Jul 24 13:10:52 MDT 2003 http://steletch.org