Re: [Evolution] Position of Signature

Version 1.2.2
I would like to position the signature above the quoted reply.
A work around is to attach the original message as an attachment, but I
am finding that many people now days are deleting email with files attached.
Is there a way to move the original message below the Signature?

Nope, this is not possible.

If you ask me, this is a Good Thing (TM). Let me dig a little deeper
into that -- and please, folks, no flame wars... ;)

A signature is intended to give some extra info, a personal note, a joke
or whatever. It is *not* intended to be an automatic "sincerely" line
with your name.

There is a special marker string to start the signature. As the
signature is not a part of your real message, most good mailers drop the
entire signature when replying, using this special marker.

Therefore, when this marker is at the top of the quoted mail, you
effectively can reply to the mail without quoting at all -- cause the
next reply *will* drop all the quoted parts, as your sig is above them.

Apart from that: Top quoting is a very contrary discussed topic. Top
quoting makes it very hard to follow a discussion, as the reply is not
right beneath the quoted text. This has been discussed here several
times and in probably every mailing list and newsgroup on earth --
search a random archive for the pros and cons, if if you like.

...guenther

[ unrealated full-quote-under removed ]