Re: [Evolution] Write access to Public Folders

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 00:00, Uwe Dippel wrote:
On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 11:39, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
how can you expect saving a word file to evolution's imap cache to save
it to the server? :-)

I didn't, really. So how to do it ?

edit the message as a draft, delete the original attachment, attach the
newly saved word doc, and then save-as-draft. then move the draft into
the folder? oh, and then delete the original message? :-)

What is the difference (just for curiosity, then) between a WORD-user
downloading the WORD-file, editing it and 'Save' ?

well, I don't know how it works in windows land, but open office saves
to the local disc, not to an imap server. plus I have a feeling that
outlook+word isn't using imap anyway. because you CAN'T edit an
attachment on an imap server. you have to append a new message to the
folder with the edited message contents (and/or edited attachments).

Since my IMAP read access is the same as an Outlook-user has, where does
the write access come in differently ?

there is no write access like what you imagine via the IMAP protocol -
perhaps the Exchange protocol is different.

Jeff