Re: [Evolution] corba exception on Evolution startup

Just to confirm that the poster is not on crack, I had the same issue
today.  Although I produced it doing something else.

I had signed up on a new mailing list and was creating a filter from the
first message I received on the list (and thus a new folder).  When I
tried to add the folder to my shortcut bar Evolution seemed to lock up.
The screen would paint, but clicking on folders menus or messages did
nothing...the screen never changed.  I tried hitting the X on the
window, but that did nothing, so I hopped over to a xterm and typed
killev...well /usr/libexec/evolution/1.4/killev.  Evolution was killed
with out complaint.

I started evo back up only to find that I received the same errors as
the poster.

Interestingly though, instead of rebooting (why does linux ever need
rebooting), I just logged out of X and restarted the X server.  Upon
loggin in, all of my panel applets were not functioning, and I was asked
to delete them (which I said no).  I went on to fire up evo and got the
same set of messages.  So this time I rebooted and all has been fine
since.