Re: [Evolution] imaps over a firewall?

I've got red-carpet working with appropriate proxy settings inside the
firewall ... is there any obvious way to connect to my external imap
server too?

There's a protocol called SOCKS which is designed for just that (letting
the sysadmin be schizophrenic and configure the firewall to both block
traffic and let it through), but evo doesn't support it. So you're
probably out of luck. (Unless you can convince your sysadmins to change
the firewall setup to be less fascist about outgoing traffic.)

[There are probably other IMAP clients that do support SOCKS, though I
don't know what they'd be. There might even be such a thing as an IMAP
proxy that you could run on your machine at work that would open a
SOCKSified connection to your IMAP server. Or you could just install
some sort of webmail on your IMAP server and use that when you're at
work.]

-- Dan