Re: [Evolution] Error Emptying Trash

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 00:53, Des Dougan wrote:
On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 20:59, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
uh, I hope not. camel is pretty careful about error checking,

Sorry to butt in with a couple of newbie questions, but what is camel?
Is it the back-end processing engine that Evo uses?

camel is the mail access/parsing library used by evolution.

if you can find a way to reproduce corruption of the mbox file and/or
the summary

And what are summary files, and what are they used for?

summary files contain a summary of what messages are in the folder. they
are used for generating the message-list so that we don't have to parse
the mbox file every time. this is why evolution is so much faster than
mutt and pine and many other mailers.

Jeff