Re: [Evolution] Error Emptying Trash

Hi,

Peter Spotts posted a message on the "Users" section of these mailing
lists regarding an error when Evolution fails to Sync, in which case
the following message is generated:

 "Error while 'expunging folder:'
Error storing 'Local folders/Inbox': Summary and folder mismatch, even
after a sync"

As far as I know he has had no response to his query which was posted
on 2nd October.

The Answer on the Knowledge base is to remove the summary file:

"If you receive the above error, you can safely rm -f the
mbox.ev-summary file located in ~/evolution/local/<folder name>/. Next
time you start Evolution, those files will be re-generated and the
error will be cleared."

However, this has no effect on my system.

Yes it has. And as stated in the other reply, I believe your mailbox
isn't corrupted.
My quess is that you deleted the summary file while Evo was running.
When you close it, it regenerates the corrupted summary. Close evo
first, then rm the summary, and next time you launch evo, it recreates
the summary. This will take some time if you have a lot of mails in that
mbox.

This has worked for me several times. And one reason to get this error,
is that when expunging mail, evo saves another copy of the mbox file
without the deleted mails and then deletes the original mbox file. If
you don't have enough disk space for the new mbox file, this error
occurs.

 Petri