Re: [Evolution] Evolution stopped retrieving mail via ssl

and did you click "OK" to accept it anyway? the cert is most assuredly
bad. there's no doubt in my mind.

Jeff

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 15:06, Andreas Wüst wrote:
Hi Jeffrey

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 18:06, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

just because other clients connect without warning you does not mean
that they are doing the right thing :-)

Well, the hotline staff tried various apps, also on other platforms,
including the ususal suspects..

if evolution says the certificate is bad, then it means that the mozilla
nss ssl library says it is bad. this suggests to me that mozilla would
give the same error.

are you by any chance connecting to multiple ssl servers?

No. Only one.

check that
they don't have the same ssl certificate. we reported this problem to
the moz devs a good 6 months to a year ago and were told that it is
invalid for 2+ servers to share the same ssl cert and thus they felt
that this was not a bug.

I've even renamed the certificate in .camel_certs into .old, so
evolution could go for a new one, but it still reported that the
signature would be bad.
--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.