[Evolution] Re: Running Evolution under Solaris 9 (8/03)

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 13:29, Brian Kolaci wrote:
Hi Andy,

Sorry to be a bother, but I got the installer to go farther,
but not to completion.  I read the bottom where it said there
may be a failure, however there was no /opt/gnome/bin/evolution.

You have the sed script there to modify 2003.01.14.12.39
to 9.4.2003.06.13.16.21

I verified that the gnome libraries from Sun have the former,
not the latter.  I had installed it back in March, but did another
Solaris 9 download yesterday to confirm, and my sun gnome package tgz
was identical to the one I installed in March.  Therefore, I ran
the installer without the sed and it *appeared* to work.  It went
through all the screens, downloaded several packages from the mirror,
then failed on the verify stage.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian (et al),

The sed script part is because the installation script looks for the
"old" gnome libraries (the last beta from January 2003) and the current
ones with Solaris 9 (8/03) are the 2003-06-13 ones. That's all the edit
is for.

Obviously, the uname bit deals with the fact that you have Solaris 9 not
8.

The only other thing you might try is to temporarily remove GPG (if you
have it). One thing I do remember noticing was that the installer would
look for signed files if you had GPG -- but would then reject some of
the Sun ones because they were not signed (well, they wouldn't be would
they?).

Otherwise, I've not got many ideas left -- sorry.

--
Regards
Andy, G8TQH