Re: [Evolution] Encoding with 7bit mime

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 13:54, Dan Winship wrote:
received: 250-8BITMIME
This server supports 8bit MIME
received: 250-SIZE 50000000
received: 250-DSN

I guess I must configure my sendmail no to accept 8bitmime or something
similar ?

You control that server? I think the problem is that it's willing to
accept 8bit MIME, but it's not willing to convert an 8bit message to
7bit if it needs to pass the message off to another server that doesn't
support 8BITMIME. So there are two ways to fix it (configure it to not
accept 8BITMIME, or configure it to be able to rewrite messages if
needed).

I'm not sure if there's anything you can do on the Evo side to work
around this.

Yes, I have control over the server running sendmail (of course
as you noticed I'm not a sendmail expert nor something near) I'll
begin looking for some information about that, any help will be
welcomed, but don't bother yourselves, that is not an Evo problem.

Thanks very much.

--
Tonio Caputo <tonioc exeo com ar>