[Evolution] Re: Contact's Birthday

Rodrigo Vilar wrote:

Hi,

I do not know how to get notifications on my contacts' birthday.

Can anyone help me?

AFAIK, the birthrate associated with the contact record doesn't do
anything (more FYI).  To receive notifications, put the dates in
the Calendar module and set it to remind you at whatever interval
you want.

I use this with great success.  Perhaps it would be nice in the
future to optionally have the dates associated with the contact
record be entered in the calendar as well.  Prevent double entry,
and all.

I agree. Then it would operate like Outlook -- which I thought is was
advertised to do!

More seriously though, this is one of the features of Outlook that I
really miss -- keeping the central record of people's birthdays and
anniversaries in their contact card and having it propagate from there
to my calendar. It make it all so much simpler to have one source of
data.

--
Regards
Andy, G8TQH