[Evolution] Repeatedly downloading POP mail (Bugzilla #48603)

Hi,

Starting last month sometime, what used to be a perfectly working
Evolution setup suddenly developed an extremely irritating problem on
one of my accounts. I have two accounts on the same server, both of
which are configured to leave messages on the server. What happened was
that *one* of those accounts suddenly started downloading every message
on the server, every time I download mail. I can't see anything that
changed in my configuration, and I tried all the ways of fiddling around
with it I could think of, including comparing gconf settings between the
broken and working accounts and setting up a new Evolution account with
the same details. Neither worked.

I filed bug #48603, and got the quite reasonable response that the
problem was fixed in later builds. I was hoping that this would mean
Evolution 1.4.5 (I was running 1.4.4 at the time this started) wouldn't
have the problem. Unfortunately, it still does. So I take it to mean
that the builds in question are from after 1.4.5 was released.

I've tried to compile CVS, but it seems that to do that would require
upgrading a whole pile of packages to satisfy dependencies, something
I'd rather avoid doing for what seems to be an Evo-internal problem.

So, to get to a question at last, can anyone point me to the relevant
CVS checkins I can look at to fix this problem? I'm hoping to be able to
pinpoint a patch I can apply, or modify slightly to make it apply, to
the 1.4.5 source. Or am I asking too much?

I'm running Debian woody, with packages from
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody, so I'm not sure if using the
RPM-packaged snapshots would screw anything up or not.

Alternatively, some suggestion as to what might have caused the problem
in the first place would be welcome. I'll provide any more information
that's required, of course.

Thanks,

Allan