Re: [Evolution] Message Ordering ...

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 17:30, R. Steven Rainwater wrote:
On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 14:08, Robert G. Waycott wrote:
Is there a way to make all folders order messages
according to date, with the newest message always
at the top of the list?

One problem I've noticed with the sort by date is that it doesn't really
sort by the date the email was received. It seems to be sorting by the
date in the "Date" header. When I read the new emails on mailing lists
I'm subscribed to, the emails are scattered through hundreds of old,
already read messages due to incorrect dates. I frequently receive new
email with dates like 1983 or 2009 in the date header and so they get
sorted incorrectly. Seems like it would make more sense to use the
Received date. I haven't yet found any setting that causes Evolution to
actually sort by the date received.

I found that, if you create a new view (or edit an existing one) in
View, Current View, Define Views... there is an option for sorting. I
have configured mine to sort by Received date and it seems to be
working.
--

Des Dougan