[Evolution] Palm synch on calendar ok, address book -- NOT!!!

Hi,

I am setting up evolution for the first time, and set up the conduits to
"copy from palm." When I enabled the conduit for just the calendar,
that appears to have worked. But when I try to do the addressbook, after
about thirty seconds the connection stops, and the palm has a log
message to the effect that the connection was lost and not all data was
transferred. The first few addresses are in fact being transferred to
evolution. But most are not. I might have thought this were a hardware
problem, were it not for the fact that: 1) calendar synchronizes just
fine; 2) using pilot-xfer, I was able to successfully back up all of my
palm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--Phil