[Evolution] contacts

i played with multisync, and it syncs, but duplicates, not a big deal, i
just removed the duplicates, but that showed up to be deleting
everything, as it showed them twice only, and it synced my workstation
like that too, so now i have no contacts, i though "ok, i will just look
at my backup archive", i made a bzip2 of my ~/evolution. in that dir i
see local/contacts, and there are some files there, but it doesent work
just to copy them from my bzip2 into ~/evolution. why? is it saved in
gconf? how do i recover? (if its possible)
any help appreciated

--
Regards, Redeeman