[Evolution] Pop3<->ssh tunnels

I was reading over the archive of the recent "imaps over firewall"
thread and saw this message:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-October/033472.html

I'm too lazy to manually start up the ssh tunnel each time I start up my
laptop, but I'd like to encrypt my connection to a particular mail
server.  I have a shell account on that server, and I can easily set up
ssh for passwordless authentication using $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys.

I'm currently running Evolution 1.2.2-5 (yeah, the one that comes with
RH9/up2date), and I don't see an obvious GUI way to do this.

When was this feature introduced into Evolution?  Can I do it if I go at
the appropriate $HOME/evolution/*/*.xmldb file with my favorite text
editor?

Thanks in advance,
-Luke