[Evolution] Enable sound in Evolution while in KDE

How can I get sound in Evolution 1.4.4 while in KDE 3.1.3 through arts?
I remember a while back I could start ESD though the command line (gnome
properties), but this doesn't appear to work anymore.  Neither does
starting Evo with 'artsdsp evolution.'

--
Cheers,
Trey

The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with
composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he
does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper.
- Aristotle