[Evolution] Advice needed for Exchange-like calendaring

At OSDL we're trying to come up with a calendaring solution but are
running into trouble.  We're wondering if others have gone through this
before, and could provide some advice.

Up 'til now we've run a pretty much all-Linux shop except for a few
desktops.  The desktop Windows users now want to be able to do
calendaring with Outlook, just like they could with an Exchange setup.
While most of the company uses Evolution/Pine/Et al, it's the Outlook
users that are going to drive this decision.

The functionality needed:

        From inside of outlook:
        1) From inside of outlook. Create a
           meeting by selecting a list of attendees
           and having the tool (outlook) display
           the available times.

        2) Be able to designate a proxy for a person,
           that person should get a copy of all meeting
           requests and be able to respond as the person
           requested for the meeting.

        3) And of course sync up with the individuals
           outlook/Evolution calendar when they get
           back online. e.g. You can make appointments
           without the individual actually being online
           at the time of the appointment.

Have others been able to fulfil these features using something other
than Exchange?  #2 looks like it requires something server-side to
handle the ACL.

Bryce