Re: [Evolution] Failed to send: relaying denied

Thank you. I looked again at the ISP support page. They have never and still don't require authentication for sending email. I tried it anyway (by configuring authentication) and still received the same message. This problem started when I had to hard reboot during a rare RH 8.0 freeze. Evolution was open at the time. I thought that perhaps something was corrupted during this fault. Perhaps a reinstall might be in order. I really don't know where else to look. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Carr

? On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 15:31, Carr Wilkerson wrote:
> When trying to send email with evolution, I am getting the following
> message. I'm not sure what I could have done to cause this, but it was
> working fine previously.
>

> -----------------------------------
> Error while performing operation:
> RCPT TP <email address here <mailto:email address here>> failed: <email address here <mailto:email address here>>... Relaying
> denied. Proper authentication required.
> -----------------------------------
>
> where email address here <mailto:email address here> is the 'TO' email address of the recipient.
> The message is not sent. Any clue?

Looks like you SMTP server requires authentication. Check the 'server
requires authentication' box in the 'Sending Mail' dialog and enter your
login and password at the bottom of the dialog.

OR

Use a SMTP server that relays mail for you withoit authentication. ISP
usually let you send mail when you use their server from inside their
IP-range.

BB
--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
- Steven Wright