Re: [Evolution] Running 2 copies of evolution

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 07:29, Dan Stromberg wrote:
On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 17:26, Ross Boylan wrote:
Is it safe to run 2 or more copies of evolution at the same time?

I'm asking because I leave it running at work, and then want ssh to my
work machine from home and look at my mail.

I have trouble with this sort of thing when using simap.  Deleted
messages tend to come back, and sometimes new mail doesn't show up.
I've gotten into the habit of running killev each time I get home or
arrive at work.
What's killev?

I just tried from home and noticed something odd: when I tried to start
evolution with one running at work, it didn't start.  It also didn't
give any error mesages (is there any chance it's popping up windows on
my work system?  DISPLAY is set to forward).  But when I kill th eother
evolution (plain old kill, I hope that doesn't hurt it) I can then start
evolution and have it display to my home machine.

If you don't use imap, Maybe you won't have the same problems.
--
Ross Boylan <ross biostat ucsf edu>              wk: (415) 502-4031
University of California, San Francisco         fax: (415) 476-9856