[Evolution] import kmail directory structure

hi list,

I'm new on this list, so I don't know what portion of my Question has
already been discussed here.

I have been using kmail for some years now and intend to switch/migrate to
evolution. But only if I can import/migrate my kmail directory-structure
and mail-messages (not necessarily the filters). I simply can't afford to
import thousands of mails by hand.

When starting evolution for the first time I saw an entry representing my
~/Mail directory with only those folders included that contain subfolders,
but I didn't see any mail-message.

Is there any import-utility or howto around to solve this task ?

Thanks in advance
--
Martin Probst