Re: [Evolution] CORBA error with evo-1.3 and 1.4

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 17:31, guenther wrote:
SSL certificates. Don't know, if there are more uses though, but that
looks exactly like my SSL certificates.

Yes, but why would it be looking in ~/.camel_certs for specific files
unless it had reason to expect them there?  I'm speculating that the
files existed at one point, but in a different ~.

Yep, probably IMAPS account (or SMTPS), thus loading on start. It has to
have been there before...

Maybe deleted by accident?

Possibly, but given the number of "I moved ~/evolution between machines,
and something didn't work" reports I get, I'm inclined to think that was
the cause.

This looks like yet another case of "something else not stored in
~/evolution that needs to be considered when migrating".

Yep! That should probably be moved... Unless other apps may use it too.

No, camel is a code name for Evolution's email backend.  To be honest,
I'm not sure why this isn't in ~/evolution.

Another point to consider:
Even those nasty failures should be answered by Evo. Just disabling the
account in question and telling the user would be good. (And forgetting,
this certificate has existed at all, to prevent that needed steps
described previously.)

Yes, it should handle the disappearance of ~/.camel_certs and/or its
contents more gracefully.

So, who wants to file the bug?

-Mark Gordon