[Evolution] How I solved it...

Apparently, RedHat doesn't provide rpm's with the latest stable release
of Mozilla or Evolution and according to their Up2Date facility, I am
current.  I was ready to compile the binaries after downloaded from
Ximian & Mozilla, but I decided to update my kernel to 2.4.20 first.
After updating  kernel and rebooting to load the new version, I could
run Evolution under myname without problem.

I don't know why this fixed the problem as it only was affecting the
single user account myname.  Thanks for the comments and feedback