Re: [Evolution] Feature request for 1.4: inc. mail size limit

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 18:54, Jancs wrote:
Dear developers!

I'd like to ask you to evaluate possibility to introduce the option to
limit incoming mail (message) size to the size defined by user for specific
recipient address.

for example - if i have 3 mailboxes, i'd like to have the possiblity to
limit incoming mesage size for box1 to 60k, for box2 to 20 k and no limit
for box3.

I second this request.  Another way of dealing with this is to have and
attachment size limit above which the user gets prompted if they want to
down load the attachment.  I frequently read mail over a dialup
connection and I hate accidentally downloading a file with a 5MB
attachment (usually because I have deleted the message before it).

Cheers, Russell

--
Russell Fulton, Network Security Officer, The University of Auckland,
New Zealand.