Re: [Evolution] evo 1.2.2 on rh9: why am I getting asked for my password repeatedly?

This was exactly the problem for me.  When I installed redhat 9 and used
that version of evo for the first time, I used a different name (a valid
alias) for my imap server than I had under my old redhat 7.3 version.

So my old filters had the old name and any new filters had the new name,
and for some reason evo won't maintain two connections.

[This would be really irritating if I really did filter my inbox to
multiple imap accounts!]

Solution for anyone else in this boat:
     1. quit evo
     2. killev
     3. vim filters.xml
      * :1,$s/oldname/newname

All appears working now, and I don't have to rebuild my gazillion
filters from scratch.

-- Mike