[Evolution] ibex files

I seem to remember this question from before, but I can't remember the
answer and couldn't find it in the archives when I tried looking for it.

I am using Evolution 1.2.3. I was looking through the Evolution
directory on my hard drive and noticed there are quite a few
mbox.ibex.index and mbox.ibex.index.data files. Those files take up
about 1/3 of the total space for Evolution.

My question is, would it be safe to delete those files when I am doing a
backup of my home directory? What are the consequences of removing those
files (either one or both)?

--
Doug

Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla)