[Evolution] syncing between home and work versions of evolution

Hi:

I have made several attempts in this regard.  My first attempt, simply
making a copy of my home evolution directory and replacing my work
evolution directory with it did not work.  I then tried importing the
task and calendar ics files directly.  That seems to have worked.

However, there seems to be no way to get my contacts to sync.  I tried
copying address.db, no go.  It also will not import.  I have looked
through the FAQ, but no dice.  It does seem that people are doing
something to this effect, but I cannot get it to work in my context.
For instance, one poster on hackers discusses writing to address.db
directly.

Could someone please kindly point me to a resource.

Thanks,
Bud