[Evolution] Another Spell-Checking question

Does Evolution specifically need aspell packages created by Ximian? I
ask for this reason...

I had the following two packages installed:

    aspell-en-0.33.7.1-207.ximian.4
    aspell-0.33.7.1-207.ximian.4

Spell checking worked fine in Evolution. I then upgraded the aspell
packages using more generic packages:

    aspell-en-0.33.7.1-222
    aspell-0.33.7.1-222

With those newer packages installed, spell-checking in Evolution stopped
working. When I went to Tools -> Settings -> Composer Preferences to
enable spell-checking, I found absolutely no language dictionaries
listed. There was nothing I could enable.

I removed the newer packages and re-installed the Ximian packages.
Suddenly, spell-checking was working again.

So, it seems Ximian aspell packages are specifically needed by
Evolution. No?

Rick