Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.3.1 - cannot access the ximian evolution shell

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 03:04, Muralikrishnan B wrote:
Finally managed to compile Evolution 1.3.1

However, I cant get it to start.

On going to the reqd bin directory in the path where I installed it & running
evolution-1.3, I get :
\"Cannot access the Ximian Evolution shell\" in a message box.

A similar post in gnomedesktop.org says that the bonono sever needs to be added
to the right path.
How do I do that ?

Sorry if this is a repost, I was not sure if the previous post (with the same issue) got delivered to the
list.

Check /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml (or where-ever
that file is on your system) for a line that looks like:
<item>/opt/Evolution2/lib/bonobo/servers</item>

Replace /opt/Evolution2 with the prefix that Evo 1.3 is installed to.

If you used --prefix=/usr, then you should only need the default line
(looks like):
<item>/usr/lib/bonobo/servers</item>

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger