Re: [Evolution] How to configure Evo's toolbar?

I don't know if I am misunderstanding the question, because none of the
Ximian people have volunteered this, but...

A while back on this list when the topic started with complaints about
duplicate copies of list messages, followed by complaints about how the
"Reply to List" command was buried in the Actions menu and not on the
toolbar, someone showed us how to edit the toolbar to add a Reply to
List button.

It is quite easy.  You have to edit the file
/usr/share/gnome/ui/evolution-mail-message.xml. This file defines some
commands as well as menus and toolbars.  If you want to add a command
that does not have an icon set, you can use the gnome stock pixmaps.
They are listed in /usr/include/gnome-1.0/libgnomeui/gnome-stock.h.

I can't find the web page that originally described how to change a
button's function, but you may try searching this list's archives for
the thread "Why Two Copies With List Replies/"

Art

PS, using this method, I have added a Reply to List button, and assigned
it the key Ctrl+L and the ReplyAll stock icon (which is different from
the evolution Reply to All icon).  I added, not replaced.  My next plan
is to replace the previous and next buttons with Next Unread and
Previous Unread commands.

PPS.  If you make these changes by editing evolution-mail-message.xml,
make sure you protect the file when upgrading evolution.  The upgrade
from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 overwrote the file and I had to remake my edits.